Timeline perspective


Timeline perspective

Are you happy with all the different areas of your life? What about the old
you, would they be happy with the way your life is just now?what about your
future self?
Here’s a different approach to try to find out how happy you are with
the different areas of your life.
The Timeline perspective is learning to look at all the areas of your life
from lots all of your different perspectives. It is looking at yourself
from the past, the present and the future.
Why?

Why would you use the timeline perspective of yourself?
I believe consciousness is an amazing aspect of human life
and I also believe we can access consciousness from all ourselves; past, present
and future. It
may have a memory which we can tap into. I see consciousness as being
a split up into different clouds and each consciousness cloud can be tapped
into should we wish to use its knowledge.
I am working with the theory that these clouds of consciousnesses can be tapped
into simply by thinking about tapping into them. For example, if we want
to tap into psychic consciousness all we have to do is think about having psychic
experiences, we have to believe that I will happen, read about it let it soak
us and sure enough psychic experiences will come.
I believe this is how the ‘Law of attraction’ works. We
think that the law of attraction works, we eventually believe it will work
and eventually it will work. It takes a giant leap of faith to believe
it but once it starts to help us in our day to day lives the law of attraction
will work a lot quicker. So we are tapping into the law of attraction
cloud
Timeline cloud
Just as there may be clouds of consciousness for everything we can think of
and some we have yet to think of we have clouds which pertain to us specifically. Within
these clouds we can access our past consciousness, pour present consciousness
and our future consciousness.
I will discuss these clouds of consciousness in future posts as I am playing
with the theory and trying to experience it as much as possible before formulating
any concrete belief. This is the beauty of checking out all of my current
beliefs it’s great to play with them , dismiss them and formulate my
own, instead of someone telling me this is what you should believe and anything
else is just stupid or crazy.
Try it out
Okay here’s an example to play with and check out the timeline perspective.
Look at one specific area of your life just now for example your career.
Ask yourself these questions and be as honest as you possibly can. Let
the answers come to you if you can and try and let everything that comes into
your mind come out onto the paper or the computer. I will use my answers by
way of an example. I am currently a support worker for the homeless;
I have not yet made the transition to full time life coach or seminar speaker
and internet entrepreneur.
Are you happy with your current career? – Yes I am
very happy with where I am just now
Think back to yourself 1 year ago, would that person be happy with
your current career?
 – I think they would be a little disbelieving
but I think they would be very surprised and happy yes.
Think back to yourself 5 years ago, would that person be happy with
your current career? – 
Again he would be surprised and he
wouldn’t dream that he would be working as a support worker with the
homeless.
Think back to yourself 10 years ago, would that person be happy with
your current career? 
He wouldn’t have been happy as he wanted
something else in, life; he wanted more prestige, more money.
Now think of yourself 1 year from now, is that person happy with your
current career? 
– He is happy with the experience it gave
him but feels it is nearing the end of that career.
Now think of yourself 5 years from now, is that person happy with
your current career?
 – No not at all, he would be very unhappy
if he was still in the same job.
I think you get the picture now.
What I found most interesting about this exercise is that I believed I would
be happy with this career in all aspects of myself: past, present and future. However
when I came to answer the questions about different aspects of my life it was
really surprising what my past thought about my present and what my future
thought about my present choices.
Accessing our future selves
Now you might think ‘how the hell can we access our future selves’. For
a moment think about what you are going to do tomorrow, possibly get up to
go to work, think of the work you will do, the people you will talk to, etc
etc. You have just accessed your future self. You always have to
access your future self at some point. The moment you wake up you are
accessing your future self you have to think about what you are going to do
before you do it.
This was a great revelation to me when I discovered it, and it is by no means
a new revelation:
You ALWAYS have to think about your future before you
do it.
I will leave this post here for now as there is so much more to say on this
subject and I will be talking about it a lot in the future.

Comments